1:12 Scale Frank Lloyd Wright Textile Blocks- Box Set (Four 16pk)
The design of this 1:12 scale miniature concrete textile blocks is adapted from the Frank Lloyd Wright textile block.
The four box set includes:
- Ennis House (1924) textile block. It was the last and largest of the four Mayan inspired homes designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Upon completion in 1924, it was said that Wright considered the Ennis House to be his favorite. The Ennis House is notable for being a Hollywood icon with over 80 screen appearances.
- Freeman (1924) textile block. The Freeman House was built with 12,000 cast concrete blocks on a steep Hollywood Hills site. The Freeman House was lived in by the original owners until 1986 when it was donated to the USC School of Architecture. Up until the 1980s, the Freemans opened up their house as a "salon" to artistic and political pursuits.
- Millard House (1923) textile block. The Millard House (or La Miniatura) was the first example of Frank Lloyd Wright's Modular housing technique and marks a significant turning point in his architectural style. Prior to the Millard House he was known for his Prairie Style.
- Storer House (1923) textile block. The Storer House is notable for its richly textured concrete walls and is the only of its kind to employ multiple patterns on its blocks (four in all). It is one of four Mayan Revival-style textile block houses that Wright built in Southern California between 1922-1934.
Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959) is recognized worldwide as one of the greatest architects of the twentieth century. His work heralded a new thinking in architecture, using innovation in design and engineering made possible by newly developed technology and materials. His creative ability extended far beyond the border of architecture to graphic design, furniture, art glass, textiles, and decorative elements for the home.
A portion of the purchase price supports the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation's work to advance the legacy of America's greatest architect, including educational programs, scholarship, and the preservation of Taliesin and Taliesin West for future generations.
- Four 16-pack of 1:12 scale concrete textile blocks made of REAL concrete
- Pine pallet is made of soft pine wood and has been assembled with miniature nails
- Handmade in the U.S.A.
- Please note: All concrete and wood products are handmade, hence the uniqueness of each individual product.
- Recommended for ages 8+
- This product is made in 1:12 Scale
- Textile blocks: 1.33 in x 1.33 in x 0.32 in each
- Pine pallet: 2.75 in x 2.75 in